Monday, October 25, 2010

Beautiful Scars

OCTOBER 2010, the month of all months! It's been F-U-L-L of scheduled this-and-that and a few unscheduled surprises. But there's something wonderuflly wonderful about October 2010 that I've just gotta brag about. This week my husband and I will celebrate ten years of *gasp* HAPPY marriage!

Throughout my life I've relied on music to carry me through tough times, and in honor of the last decade I want to share a song that reminds me of my husband and my healing journey. My husband has known from the beginning that I have scars, and he has always loved me anyway. He has seen me through over ten years of joy and pain and he has never judged me. He knows more about me than anyone else on earth ever will, even the ugly stuff - and he's still here. When I hear this song, I always think of my husband. His constant and loving reminders that the Lord is watching out for me (and blessing every step on this path) sustain me. God truly blessed me when he gave me this man who loves me so unconditionally.






"Beautiful Scars"
By: Steven Curtis Chapman
Album: This Moment, released 2008
Lyrics:

Sit here with me
And tell me your story
Even if it breaks my heart
Let me see your scars

Shame will whisper
Oh but we can't listen
'Cause these are the stories
That make us who we are
And I love who you are and your

Beautiful scars, your beautiful scars
Reminders of the wounded love
That has carried us this far
Beautiful scars
Turning the marks of our pain
Into beautiful scars

For us, bruised and broken
For us, He was forsaken
Our wounded Healer
Suffered to set us free
See in His hands and His feet

Beautiful scars, beautiful scars
Reminders of the wounded love
That has carried us this far
Beautiful scars
Turning the marks of our pain
Into beautiful scars

See in His hands and His feet

Beautiful scars, beautiful scars
Reminders of the Savior's love
That has carried us this far
Beautiful scars
Turning the marks of our pain
Into beautiful scars

Oh, how I love Your beautiful scars
So beautiful, so beautiful
Beautiful scars
 


My wish for you today is that your life may be blessed with someone who loves both you and your Beautiful Scars.

5 comments:

From Tracie said...

I have one of those unconditionally loving husbands too. Such a blessing.

10 YEARS! Y'all rock my face off!!

Meggs said...

I love that you have an unconditionally loving hubby as well! It's so nice to have the respite of this place we call home together. I do not hang my hopes and dreams on my husband, but I definitely DO hang my hopes and dreams on the Lord, and knowing that the focus of our marriage is God first, us second... well, it makes all the difference. I love my husband more each day - truly! Not saying there aren't days when I wanna choke him... but you know... He's patient with me so I reckon I should be patient with him too. Ha! ;)

Joanna said...

Aww, such a lovely post to stumble across. Thank you for posting this Megan. And you're right - everyone deserves someone to them and their BEAUTIFUL scars. Love your outlook!

And thanks for the reminder (though I thank God everyday) that I'm blessed to have my Paulie. <3

Meggs said...

Yay! Hooray for the ones we love. Thanks for the comment, Joanna! I'm so glad you're blessed too! Paulie must be a great guy.

Mary Nevin said...

congrats on 10 years!! that song was just beautiful, brought tears to my eyes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails