Monday, December 07, 2009

A Time To Cry




"But in my mind’s eye I can see a place
Where Your glory fills every empty space.
All the cancer is gone,
Every mouth is fed,
And there’s no one left in the orphans’ bed.
Every lonely heart finds their one true love,
And there’s no more goodbye,
And no more not enough,
And there’s no more enemy."
-Lyrics from "Heaven is the Face" by Steven Curtis Chapman



I may not be blogging for the next few days. A family friend is very ill and has been moved to our local Hospice facility. She's been battling cancer for quite some time. She will be leaving behind children and grandchildren who love her very much. One of her children is a beautiful 13-year-old girl. She's my niece's best friend. I want to be able to be there for the family if I'm needed... and I want time to process this and time to pray for everyone who will be affected by the changes that are sure to come.

My priorities are straight at this point in my life. This blog is definitely a priority, but it is not number one. When I come here to write, I want you to see that this is real. It wouldn't be right for me to come here and blog when I'm not able to focus on the day's task at hand. I don't want to waste your time (or mine) by sugar-coating things and pretending that I can muddle through something when there are more pressing matters to attend to.

I will see you soon, when my priorities allow me to focus on daily tasks once again. I'm still here, and I'm still healing. I'm still taking the journey. But for me, part of the overall healing journey is taking time to deal with things as they present themselves, rather than shoving the feelings deep down and denying the pain.

If you pray, please pray for my friend.

Thank you!

2 comments:

Lori R. Lopez said...

Megan, I know well the pain that cancer can inflict, not just on individuals but their circle of family and friends. It's devastating, and you are a wonderful friend to care so much.

Megan said...

My dad had cancer. It was a 13-year battle that took so much from us. I appreciate your thoughts. I'm sorry cancer has touched your life too. Seems like everyone I know has become all too familiar with it at some point in their lives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails