This is what I had for breakfast. I'm celebrating today!
Today is a very special day. Today is the birthiversary (I can't decide if it's a birthday or an anniversary or both) of the support group known as "The Mack Group" - We Support Mackenzie Phillips & ALL Survivors Speaking Out Against Abuse. If you're not familiar with the support group click here to read a little blog about it. If you're already a member of the group, be sure to stop by today to see what's happening on the Wall and the Discussions. Some of us are having our own personal mini-parties to celebrate our journey together and may be posting thoughts and photos as we go. If you're interested in becoming a member of our support group you may visit the link on Facebook and request to become a member. (There are some group guidelines, so be sure to read them carefully before joining.) In celebration of our birthiversary, I want to share with you my personal top ten list of things I've learned by being a part of the group:
10. Sharing my story of survival is empowering.
9. Resources for survivors are everywhere and sharing the great resources I've found is an encouraging way to help others find what they need to heal.
8. Moving on and letting go of the past is scary but I can do it.
7. I am not the only person in the world who's struggled with horrendous coping mechanisms.
6. I am definitely not alone.
5. Setbacks suck, but they don't suck nearly as bad when you have somebody cheering you on as you struggle to get back up again.
4. Blood may be thicker than water, but it's not thicker than the tears you've shed with your fellow survivors. I can choose my family.
3. Grace and forgiveness are beautiful things.
2. Thanksgiving is not a holiday, it's a state of mind.
1. I am loved.
Our Support Group's Logo